My Zimbio
KudoSurf Me!
Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Lost a friend

Last Saturday I had to put one of my dogs to sleep. I rescued Sasha almost 3 years ago. My dogs are a very important part of my sobriety. I think that they give me just a glimpse of how my God loves me; unconditionally.

I rescue boxers because that's what I think happened to me. I feel like nobody wanted me. I had some kind of flaw that made people look past me. Then one day a man walks by my cage and says, "This one. This is the one that want." Then he takes me home and loves and cares for me.

I miss Sasha terribly, but I know that she is running and playing with Leo and Duke (my two other rescues that have passed on).

I prayed right after I left the vet on Saturday and asked God that If I do get any treasures in heaven, if it's okay with Him, I would like those treasures to be a big open field and all my dogs. I can't imagine a better heaven than that.

Stay strong and stay sober.

Johnny

No comments: