My Zimbio
KudoSurf Me!
Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Recovery Ministry meeting #2

A few of us met in between services yesterday to talk about how the Recovery Ministry would be presented to the church. Someone said that they liked the name "Exchange 180" so that's how I'm going to start referring to it. It's easier to type!

It was a good meeting. I think the most important thing we walked away with was the need to create a mission statement that would state our agenda. We don't want people that are hurting to think that we are hiding something or that we want something from them.

I was also struck with the fact that the four men in the meeting were so different and had such different perspectives. We have one guy in the group that is very old school AA and that is great. We need that balance.

Greg talked about starting the program beginning in September instead of January. This really excited me. Getting the word out about this ministry is going to be easy. I'm going to ask Greg if he can talk to our Pastor of small groups and see if he can't get me invited to speak at some or our small groups to share about Exchange 180 and what we are trying to accomplish and who we are trying to serve. I think that getting the word out to our congregation will provide a very natural and steady funnel of people that want something in their lives to change.

Stay strong, be safe, and trust the Lord,

Johnny

No comments: