My Zimbio
KudoSurf Me!
Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Celebrate Recovery

I was approached about a month ago about giving my thoughts on a new program at my church called "Celebrate Recovery". The idea is to take the alcoholics and addicts out of the small room in the basement of the church.

I think that putting recovery at the forefront is a wonderful idea. Saddleback church, in Lake Forest, California, started Celebrate Recovery to address the issues that Christians face in dealing with sobriety,addictions, co-dependency, and pain in general.

Well, I fell in love with the program. We are going to start meeting to discuss how a "Celebrate Recovery" ministry might look in suburban Indiana.

I am going be updating the ongoings of this ministry in these pages. I hope to be able to share with you how we approached this important issue.

Take care,

Johnny

No comments: